The Mission of the Oxford Academy and Central School District is to develop self-directed learners who are able to make intelligent choices and contribute positively to society.
Our Vision is to be a leader in achievement, one student at a time.
DISTRICT GOAL 1
Provide an effective instructional & extracurricular program that supports success for every student
- Increase student enrollment/performance in the following:
- Honors and College Level courses.
- Levels of consistency and mastery on Regents and State Assessments.
- Flexible, personalized courses (i.e., work-based learning, Pathways).
- Extracurricular activities.
DISTRICT GOAL 2
Provide a safe and inviting learning environment for all stakeholders consistent with Department of Health Guidelines
- Maintain a clean and inviting facility that fosters a sense of pride among students, staff and community members.
- Maintain safety and wellness in a positive and respectful learning environment.
DISTRICT GOAL 3
Provide two way communication and partnerships with all stakeholders in the school community
- Maintain avenues of communication to keep all stakeholders informed and to increase awareness of district initiatives.
b. Continue to nurture positive and collaborative relationships with parents, students, faculty, staff and community.
DISTRICT GOAL 4
The Board will periodically review District Policies to ensure that all policies are current and up-to-date
- Policies and procedures will be established/modified as per the recommendations of the policy service on a continuous basis.
b. A committee will review and update new and existing policies throughout the year.
DISTRICT GOAL 5
The District will ensure fiscal responsibility with a commitment to maintaining student programs and services.
- Maintain transparency with all stakeholders.
- Use fiscal practices that enable the district to maximize efficiency.
- Pursue ideas/opportunities for other monetary resources (i.e. grants)
- Provide a budgetary process that ensures long-term stability of the district.