Our Middle School provides a safe, orderly and enabling environment for its students and staff. The school is committed to supporting the needs of adolescent learners by providing a well-balanced rigorous academic program enhanced by a variety of extra curricular activities.
Our learning focus is simple- all students will learn at high levels. Our
faculty utilizes their daily professional learning period to engage in
collaborative learning, looking at student results in order to modify
their instruction to meet the needs of each student.
Our school is part of a broadband network that enhances our instructional technology capabilities. Students
have access to Internet connected computers in each classroom, three
computer classrooms, and an increasing number of classrooms equipped
with interactive whiteboards.
POINTS OF PRIDE
- Students have an opportunity to participate annually in county, regional, and national events; including Regional Spelling Bee and National Geography Bee.
- We enjoy a partnership with the town library, located adjacent to school.
- Students maintain a very active safety patrol.
- 8th grade students engage in community service projects.
- Over 90% of students participate in extra curricular activities, including a full range of interscholastic athletic teams.
- Students engage in a variety of lifetime activities during physical education classes.
- Students learn how to play two instruments during general music classes.
- Students work in a variety of modules mirroring many current career fields during technology classes.
- The middle school music program conducts several concerts throughout the year and participates in the Pageant of Bands.
- An after school program is provided for students.