|What is required for my child to receive medication at school?|| |
In order for a student to receive medication at school, a parent/guardian must present the Health Office with the following:
- A prescription from a health care provider with the the student's name, name of the medication, dosage, time of administration, and list of possible side effects.
- The medication in a properly labeled original pharmacy container.
- Signed permission from the parent/guardian giving the school permission for the medicine to be given by the school.
- New York State considers Tylenol, Ibuprofen and even cough drops medication. All require a doctor's order to be given at school.
- Also, any remaining medication must be picked up at the end of the school year, as we are not allowed to keep medication over the summer and will discard any unused, unclaimed medication.