By the end of eighth grade, students who are making adequate progress in Spanish are able to:
1. Sustain a simple personal, emotional, social and persuasive conversation in Spanish.
2. Recognize simple questions and directions in Spanish.
3. Answer simple questions in Spanish.
4. Write a personal letter of 30 words or more.
5. Write a simple journal of daily activities.
6. Read a simple passage in Spanish and answer questions about it.
7. Read simple authentic material.
8. Use a dictionary for basic translation.
9. Know the countries whose official language is Spanish.
10. Be aware of certain holidays in the Spanish culture.
11. Be aware of Spanish influence in our culture.
12. Appreciate the music, art of the Spanish culture.